Saturday, 27 October 2007

Second exploration of the Rots



Dear Readers,




I have come finally to tell you about my newest discoveries, which contains the exploration of the Rots itself. I am delighted to tell you that the second time whe climbed the massive mountain, whe did reach our goal! This time however, my dear companion Anna Stanley couldn't join me on my trip because of personal preferences, that however made little change because the most honorable Dr. George Lyras was willing to join me. So that the second exploration would be one to be rememberd, for it was scientifically correct and whe would thus be able to take samples and create a correct and accurate map of the mountain. Because Dr. Lyras is a geologist and thus good in interpreting the stonequality and the form of the mountain, whe were able to create a map of the stones of which Mountain Masia, Leidseberg, Cornelius Plateau and the Rots were made. We have also named the places and rivers that whe crossed after persons or places that deserved it to be called after that. In any way, this time we had a good working compass, a Geologist, lots of will to reach our goal, long trousers and thick socks! There we went!


We started form Home at 0937 hours and whe reached the front mountain at 1015, after that we were climbing the mountain for 3 hours. About 3/4 of the road, my knees were exhausted and thus were sending signals to the brain that they couldn't do it anymore. The brain decided different however, because Dr. Lyras continued at full speed ( as he had started the mountain walk fast, he continued this fast pace) so I couldn't affort it to stop every 10 minutes or so. Later it came out that also Dr. Lyras had been exhausted at that moment, but we were walking only because we could see the Rots closer than ever.


Also, as soon as we reached Cornelus Plateau, we found out that the first exploration of a second mountain had been nothing more than the top of Mt. Masia and the reaching of the not no flat Cornelus Plateau. After the Cornelus Plateau there was still a lot of way to go.


Soon, after half an hour, we reached a small rock formation and we climbed it. The view from there was terrific!


After one had seen that view, our pace went up and in 15 minutes we had already reached the Rots, which was of impressive size I must say! I was as happy as an explorer can be when one has reaches one's goal!



The victorious Me!
Hurray!
After an rather dangerous travel around the Rots, yes I couldn't leave that undiscovered!, we considered that it was about time to go back to the inhabited world way below us. Because soon tme would have left its traces!
After our rather exhausting way back, in which we thought we would never reach it, we did. We were almost to tired to walk, but allas there was no other option. The way back was, still on the mountain, full of stones and I fell more than once almost.
However, in my view it is not needed to fill you in with more details then neccercly, and thus I will leave out the fact of how many stones I counted. But I will tell you however that we discovered a new kind of fungie that grows on bare rocks, because it is orange of colour whe have called it after the Queen of the Netherlands, Beatrix.
Also have we found during our path a river, or more a stream which we have called: Blackadder Stream, after the most famous butler know in England ( during Prince George of Wales).
I wish you all Farewell and I hope to read some comments!
Dr. C.J.H Livingstone

No comments:

Me, enjoying the view

Me, enjoying the view
Here I was searching our home

These shall join me on my new exploration of the Rots

These shall join me on my new exploration of the Rots